On August 24-25, a large IT festival TechTrain 2019 will be held in St. Petersburg for everyone who loves IT engineering, technology, and software development.
The last TechTrain attracted 2,000 people. There were 50 booths at the show. This year, 100 companies and communities and an estimated 4,000 participants are expected.
The festival program includes reports from those who have made the IT world as we know it today:
- Richard Stallman - founder of the free software movement and creator of theGNU license;
- John Romero - co-founder of id Software, game designer and co-creator of Wolfenstein 3D, Doom, Quake, and Red Faction;
- Venkat Subramaniam - expert in development methodologies;
- Grigory Bakunov aka bobuk - Yandex technology distribution director, co-founder of the Radio-T podcast;
- Andrei Breslav - father of Kotlin;
- Oleg Bartunov - co-founder and CEO of Postgres Professional, one of the top three Russian PostgreSQL developers;
- Sergey Abdulmanov - marketing director of Mosigra;
- Ivan Yamshchikov - researcher at the Max Planck Institute (Leipzig, Germany) and AI-evangelist at ABBYY;
- Vitaly Friedman - author, co-author and editor of all Smashing Books. Currently holds the position of Editor-in-Chief of Smashing Magazine in the beautiful city of Freiburg, Germany;
- Nikolay Ryzhikov - CTO of Health Samurai, activist of Clojure and FProg communities, member of FHIR standard development committee.
In addition to the reports, there will be a large exhibition with stands of companies and communities: from startups to bank venture, from hardcore hardware guys to trendy JS-developers.
TechTrain is an opportunity to see a cross-section of modern IT reality, exchange experiences with colleagues, meet and talk to experts from all over the world, whom you usually meet at top IT conferences with expensive tickets.
Come see what others are up to and tell about yourself and your projects! Details and tickets can be found here.