Mail.Ru Group became the new owner of the food delivery service ZakaZaka

03 May 2017
Representatives of Mail.Ru Group announced the acquisition of the second largest food delivery company in our country. It is reported that the documents for the deal were signed back on April 28.Recall that back in November last year Mail.Ru Group acquired the food delivery service Delivery Club. Along with this, the company received a minority stake in ZakaZaka. By March 2017, this share had increased to 9.91%, and now the Russian IT-giant has bought the remaining 90.09%. According to the information announced by representatives of the company, the cost of this package was $18 million. It is worth adding that the transaction does not require the approval of third parties and will be closed in the near future. Co-founder and Chairman of the Board of Directors of Mail.Ru Group - Dmitry Grishin, noted the stable growth of the Russian food delivery market. According to him, Delivery Club has been showing stable growth since the moment of purchase. "The deal with ZakaZaka will allow us to further strengthen our leadership in the foodtech segment", - added the representative of the holding.